We are all witnessing the humanitarian crisis as it continues to unfold on our southern border with Mexico. Images of distressed children and the chaotic sounds of crying babies are too much to bear – and do nothing. Millions of good, decent folk are making their voices heard.
Since April. 2018, when the Trump Administration implemented the “Zero Tolerance” policy to arrest and charge immigrants crossing into the United States illegally an estimated 3000 children have been displaced from their families. Although President Trump reversed his own Family Separation policy today, nothing but confusion exists to reunite the children already taken by the Department of Homeland Security and placed into a hodgepodge network of shelters, tent cities and foster homes.
Exacerbating everything is the obvious lack of planning and the woefully inadequate resources to reunite families even after the parent has been deported back to their home countries without their children who remain in government custody somewhere in the United States.
Little or no thought has been given to what happens to these families afterward. The very real possibility exists that many of these children will never be reunited with their mothers and fathers. Someone else will have to handle the politics while my goal now is to help reunite children with their families …..…. and to finish developing the concept of a database & search protocols on the Twitter platform.
1) FREE – no equipment, minimal investment
2) Everyone is familiar withTwitter
3) Twitter is accessible around the globe in many languages
4) Minimal training needed for agencies, social workers, health officials, already in the field, gathering the same information.
5) Simple, logical data / fields / Tweet hashtag formats
6) Creates unique pages – on the fly – for connection, communication
7) Instantaneous, real-time messaging for text, photos, graphics, .gifs
8) Support services, remote monitoring, cross-referencing by SysOp Team